I believe, chai is the most consumed beverage in the indian household. I need my cup of masala chai first thing in the morning. Its like that stimulant to kickstart my day. And like most of us, I enjoy my tea with lots of milk and a little sugar. Now I am a person who cannot have my chai just like that. I need something to munch on with it. And usually what goes best with masala chai is biscuits (to be specific- ParleG), cookies, toast/ rusk and sometimes even namkeens. And all of these are the problematic part. They were definitely not helping with my fitness journey. I mean, you cant stop at one biscuit/ cookie/ rusk/ one spoon of namkeen right?
Now, my body has a low metabolic rate. It takes me a lot to get it up to lose those extra calories and unwanted fat. In all these years i have tried lots of tips and tricks to get the metabolism going, but all in vain. So, finally in September 2018 after a lot of speculation, i decided to go with the green tea trend. I had once had a cup of green tea at my dad’s office and i hated the taste, and so i was avoiding it all this while. Initially, the effects of green tea were not visible/ were minimal. I thought this trick also failed. But to my surprise a couple of weeks later, the resukts were quite visible. I was surprised, as to how drinking just 2 cups of this magic drink could help so much.
Lets dig in to “HOW HAVING GREEN TEA CHANGED MY LIFE”.
I started with 2 cups of green tea in a day (morning, evening).
- The first good thing that happened was that i quit eating all those sugary biscuits and namkeens. I automatically started looking for healthy snacking options. I realised, i enjoyed them only with my masala chai and secondly, I understood that they were completely unwanted.
- Increased metabolism– This was what I needed for my fitness journey to be successful. It not only increased the metabolism but also the fat burning process. Earlier i used to eat meals because the clock told me that it was time to. But now, i started feeling hungry. This led me to eat at 3 to 4 hourly intervals, which also aided the body metabolism.
- Fluid retention– Whenever i am on my period, i notice fluid retention. Or even if i sit for too long or long road travels always gave me swelled feet. The natural diuretic properties of the green tea helped me with that and now no more fluid retention. Though i wish i had vaccum insulated thermos and travel mugs so I could carry my brew with me on road journeys (as that problem still persists).
- Improved energy levels– The caffiene content in the green tea acts as a stimulant. So, this was the perfect stimulant i needed every morning, plus it also improved my exercise performance. I could do more as compared to earlier. I could run. I am not a runner, but wanted to include it in my exercise regime. Having green tea especially before my workout in the evening helped improve my stamina. I so want to try the green tea smoothies, but the problem carry along remains. I need to get the perfect thermoc or travel mug.
- Reduced belly fat– Subcutaneous fat is the most problematic fat. it leads to life threatening diseases like diabetes, heart problems etc. The flavanoids and catechins in the green tea specifically target this kind of fat. and the most common problematic area is the belly fat. Its been almost 5 months since i started having this tea and i have already lost around 2 inches of belly fat. I know its not much, but as they say something is better than nothing. I know this is not the end, i have a long way to go. but these results is what keeps me motivated.
- Glowing skin– Having an oily skin gives me loads of problems (pores, acne, blackheads, pigmentation etc.). Thanks to green tea, my problems have reduced. The anti oxidants and free radicals present in the tea help in minimizing the pores and so lesser dirt deposition and lesser acne and pimples. It also repairs the damage caused by the harmful UVA and UVB radiations. Wet green tea bags when applied over the eyes, also helps reduce the undereye puffiness and dark circles. All of its anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties is what gives you a healthy, clear and glowing skin.
From being hesitant to try green tea to having a committed relationship with it- I have come a long way. There are times when i am on the go and miss carrying it along, but i never miss a cup when at home. I know getting hold of it is easy at any cafe or restaurant, but let me tell you, i hate the taste of those tea bags. Over these past couple of months, i have tried some organic green tea leaves and believe me you, they taste much better. I like brewing my own green tea, the whole process makes me happy, that colour and aroma itself makes me feel fresh. Only if i had a vaccum insulated thermos/ travel mug to carry it along. WELL INSTACUPPA has the solution InstaCuppa Vacuum Insulated Thermos Travel Mug 470 ML with Steel Infuser Unit. This BPA and Lead free high quality heat resistant glass is ideal for carrying both hot and cold detox brews. It also has a bamboo lid which makes it air tight so its even better.
amazon link- https://amzn.to/2HRzYOy
‘ A cup of green tea makes everything better’…
This article as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge2019 conducted byHealthwealthbridge.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge2019 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused